CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Mary and Martha Teach (II)

My Beloved Sister,

There's something more to learn from Mary and Martha. This time we'll focus on Martha. And Today's message is "Cooking and Serving is a Ministry".

I don't know why I chose this topic but we'll flow with it.

Do you remember the adage "The Way to a Man's Heart is through his stomach"? Some men agree that once they find a lady attractive, being able to cook is an added advantage. Some other men believe cooking is a way to stay in a man's heart. I know that food is a basic necessity of life. Cooking and Serving is a Ministry.

Why do I think these two are important? If you call your man a king, then he should be treated like a king. He will be expecting (and it's his right) a meal from you (Deleted "once in a while he will expect a meal from you"). But it is not the act in itself that is the ministry. It is the attitude. Not with a slave/housegirl mentality. But with an attitude of love.

When you take out time to cook and serve someone, you indirectly speak love, trust, loyalty, commitment, appreciation and value. Such things cannot be overlooked thrice. With time, the receiver reciprocates what you have spoken.

As you prepare for your king, this is the best time to learn how to prepare nice dishes. Even if you have never done it before, you can start now. Ask God to teach you the right attitude needed to prepare meals and serve them. And ask God to teach you the best ways to make your king feel special if you do not have enough time to prepare and serve the meals.

My Very Best Wishes...

Recommended Reading
1. The Diva Principle by Michelle McKinney Hammond

A good cookery book is valuable.

14 comments:

kay-shawn said...

Yay! I'm first, I hope. Thanks for stopping by at my blog.

You look so pretty in your profile picture.

Rita said...

@Kay-Shawn: Thanks for the compliment. Gearing up to participate in your competition...

Parakeet said...

Well written Rita and you're so right but I had to flag this quote up
*once in a while he will expect a meal from you* it made me laff cos really the typical African man expects his wife to cook all the time not once in a while. They love their food too much, lol!

princekay123 said...

Good talk (sorry, good lecture).

Rita said...

@ Parakeet: I think I was trying to be nice there :-) I agree with you about the expectations of the the typical african man. I'll have to update that section...

@Princekay123: What a joke (LOL)

Tairebabs said...

Good post rita and thanks for sharing and reminding girls like me about the importance.

The Activist said...

Parakeet took the word out of my mouth.

A king is expected to treat his queen like one too. I think that's why the once in a while meal expectation is cool.

But damn it, I pity a lot of women in Nigeria for living a life of slavery with thier men.

Am i starting another post here?

Rita said...

@ Tairebabs: Tou're welcome (for the thanks) and you're welcome (back to your blog).

@ Standtall:I am waiting to see the Nigerian Man whose expectations for meals from his wife is once in a while. Truth is, his expectation is right and it is the wife's role to provide the cooked meals at all times. When she cannot, she should discuss with him with good reasons why. I'm going to change that comment right about now.

The Activist said...

U r rephrasing it? I quite think it's okay the way it is. In my home both hubby and I do the cooking. I dont think this shd be a permanent role for women only. Love shares it all

Rita said...

@ Standtall: Oh oh..this is getting more confusing. Will do a poll and based on feedback from the men, will rephrase.

Or better still, get a reference from the bible?

The Activist said...

Ah hope I am not causing the confusion.

Waffarian said...

at ALL times??????? hia!!!!!!! That one na heavy duty oh...e better make person kukuma go work for construction or haulage!

I love cooking and trying out new recipes. In fact, its a hobby...but even I can not cook at ALL times...wetin? Na swear dem swear for persin?

Rita said...

@ Waffarian: LOL.
I think we need to find a balance as to whether women should cook for their husband at ALL times or SOME times.

Since cooking is ur hobby, I guess I will be in touch with you for some recipes...

achantepadgham said...

Caesars Palace Las Vegas - Mapyro
Search for Caesars 거제 출장샵 Palace Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV. 파주 출장안마 From the famous Caesars Palace in Las 울산광역 출장마사지 Vegas to The LINQ Promenade, there are many 대전광역 출장샵 hotels 순천 출장안마 on the Strip